Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 

Weight Training For Women and Weight Loss: Weight Lifting Advantages
By Leigh Watson




Weightlifting was one of my exercises of choice when I was younger. I was never into the bodybuilding competitions, not even close to that level, but enough that I could feel and see my muscles take on a different shape and tone.



I always felt lighter when weightlifting, even though muscle mass is heavier. It was a strange and welcome feeling being able to propel yourself more easily, whether it was a quick sprint up a hill, or a jump onto a rock. There was a sense of confidence that I could rely on my needed body part when it was required. It was an exhilarating, empowering sensation.



Even though I have been an athlete my entire life, in hindsight I believe that when I was weightlifting I was in the best shape, both physically and visually. Combining weightlifting exercises with a steady consistent cardio workout would give me the optimal fitness desired.



The interesting thing about weight training for women, or anyone, is that when you increase your muscle mass you consequently increase your metabolism. Weight loss increases as a natural side effect to increased muscle mass. Muscle burns twice as much energy as fat, approximately.
Bodybuilding on a recreational scale, is a healthy weight loss approach. Weight training programs are easy to follow and most gyms will set you up and have you followed by a personal trainer to ensure that you use the weight lifting equipment properly to avoid injury.



Weight training for women has other benefits as well in the area of osteoporosis prevention. Weight bearing exercises increase the bone density.
As I age, and hopefully do so gracefully, I aspire to get back to weight training. I think the benefits are immense.
Know of anyone with a Bowflex for sale?




Leigh Watson is a Homeschooling Mom, and Nutrition Consultant involved in introducing an extraordinary new Internet Work at Home Based Goji Juice Business System.
Check out the new Goji Juice Storefront
Visit Her Blog at: http://Weightlossmagicormyth.blogspot.com



Article Source: EzineArticles.com


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Top Health Blogs